Nakahashi (lit. middle bridge) dates back to the beginning of the 17th century when the canal over which it now arches was dug.
The present-day Nakahashi, built in 1917, stands where its wooden predecessor once stood.
Its railings with concrete newels got a new coat of paint in late 2012, only to be replaced by shiny metal railings in early 2014.
November 2012April 2014August 2014
Nakahashi was designated “a local building asset” (名古屋市認定地域建造物資産) in 2011 by the City of Nagoya.